Based in Melbourne, Australia
Press / Business contact:
The Forgotten City
We’re an Australian indie video game studio developing narrative-driven games that’ll blow your mind and make your heart race and soar.
Modern Storyteller started out in 2012 as Nick Pearce’s one-man modding alias. After creating a wildly successful mod, The Forgotten City, which racked up over 3.7 million downloads and became the first mod in history to win a national Writers’ Guild award, Nick handpicked a small team of industry veterans in 2017 to form Modern Storyteller, the studio.
The Forgotten City Accolade Trailer YouTube
The Forgotten City Release Trailer YouTube
The Forgotten City Release Window Trailer YouTube
The Forgotten City Trailer June 2020 YouTube
There are far more images available for Modern Storyteller, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Winner - Indie of the Year 2019 (Upcoming category)" - Voted most anticipated indie of 2019 on IndieDB
- "Winner - Australian Writers' Guild award 2016" - The Forgotten City (the mod) won best screenplay in the interactive media category
- "Unreal E3 Award" - Winner - "Unreal Underdog" award, for making a big splash in a crowded pool of games at E3 2018
- "“A narrative masterpiece. 9/10""
- , Game Informer
- "“Amazing... makes genius use of a time loop mechanic. 9/10""
- , IGN
- "“Superb... a deeply satisfying adventure. 9/10""
- , GameSpot
Team & Repeating Collaborator