Based in Melbourne, Australia
Press / Business contact:
The Forgotten City
We're a small Melbourne-based studio who believes that video games can be the ultimate storytelling medium.
Modern Storyteller began as Nick Pearce’s one-man modding alias (Modding / Modern Storyteller). After creating a wildly successful mod, The Forgotten City - the first in history to win a national Writers’ Guild award, and with more than 3 million downloads - Nick left behind a ten year legal career and handpicked a team of industry veterans to form Modern Storyteller, the studio.Our mission
Modern Storyteller's goal is to make emotionally engaging, intellectually stimulating games for adults who enjoy figuring things out for themselves.
The Forgotten City Release Window Trailer YouTube
The Forgotten City Trailer June 2020 YouTube
There are far more images available for Modern Storyteller, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Winner - Indie of the Year 2019 (Upcoming category)" - Voted most anticipated indie of 2019 on IndieDB
- "Winner - Australian Writers' Guild award 2016" - The Forgotten City (the mod) won best screenplay in the interactive media category
- "Unreal E3 Award" - Winner - "Unreal Underdog" award, for making a big splash in a crowded pool of games at E3 2018
- "Indie of the Year - 3rd place" - Voted 3rd most anticipated indie game of 2018 on IndieDB
- "About The Forgotten City (the mod): "Simply amazing.""
- Destin Legarie, IGN
- "About The Forgotten City (the mod): "Undeniably impressive.""
- Phil Savage, PC Gamer
- "About The Forgotten City (the mod): "Gripping, intelligent, and forces you to challenge your morals.""
- Zoe Delahunty-Light, GamesRadar+
Team & Repeating Collaborator